North Walsham Think Carer Network is a network of local support groups, many of whom, directly or indirectly, support people who care for others in North Walsham. The Network aims to highlight this work and raise awareness of the needs of unpaid carers in North Walsham.
Why the Network is needed:
North Walsham has many small community groups, doing great work, but who are often unaware of other organisations or people locally who can help them increase or improve the support they give their members. The Network will help fix this.
Members of the Network benefit by:
- Discovering other local groups and services who can supplement the help they give their members and their families.
- Connecting, communicating and building helpful relationships with local organisations and people who can increase the group’s capacity to help;
- Co-operating and collaborating with other like-minded groups to bring about changes that will benefit the people they support.
- Contact details of over 50 support groups in North Walsham – what they do and how they can be contacted;
- A central point of contact in the Town Centre;
- A social media platform (Facebook group) that enables members to communicate and collaborate easily and confidentially;
- Meetings arranged to share information and ideas; and, events arranged to publicise the work of Network members to local people.